Skip to main content

Ishan Kishan Named KL Rahul’s Replacement For WTC Final Against Australia

Ishan Kishan Named KL Rahul’s Replacement For WTC Final Against Australia


New Delhi: Ishan Kishan has been named as KL Rahul’s replacement in the WTC final squad. KL Rahul was ruled out of the IPL 2023 and the following WTC final against Australia after picking up a thigh injury during LSG vs RCB match. Meanwhile, there is no clear update on the status of Jaydev Unadkat and Umesh Yadav, who are carrying injuries and are doubtful for the WTC final, set to take place at the Oval from June 7.
KL Rahul Confirms Being Ruled Out Of WTC Final Against Australia
Meanwhile, KL Rahul recently took to social media and confirmed that he will be missing the IPL and WTC final owing to his injury for which he will undergo surgery soon.
“After careful consideration and consultation with the medical team, it’s been concluded that I’ll be undergoing a surgery on my thigh shortly. My focus will be on my rehabilitation and recovery in the coming weeks. It’s a tough call to make, but I know it’s the right one to ensure a full recovery.
As the team captain, it pains me deeply not to be able to be there during this crucial period. But, I’m confident that the boys will rise to the occasion and give their best performance as always. I’ll be cheering for them from the sidelines with all of you, watching every game. @lucknowsupergiants
Absolutely gutted that I won’t be at the Oval next month with Team India. I’ll do everything I can to get back in blue and help my country. That has always been my focus and priority. @indiancricketteam.
I want to express gratitude to each one of you – my fans, that gave me the strength to get back up, the LSG management and the BCCI for their promptness, and my teammates for their unwavering support during this difficult time. Your encouragement and messages mean a lot to me and motivate me to come back stronger and fitter than ever before.
Meanwhile, I promise to keep you all updated on my progress, and hope to be back on the field sooner than soon. The last few days have been really hard, but I’m determined to come out on top. Injuries are never easy, but I’ll give it my all as always. Thank you for all the support and good wishes,” wrote Rahul.

India’s Test squad For WTC Final: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Ishan Kishan, KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mohammad Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat.

Standby Players: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Mukesh Kumar and Suryakumar Yadav.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CITY SELECTIONS FOR BOYS UNDER 19 (2023 – 2024)

 My New YouTube Channel    Popping Crease To Boundary Line Subscribe for More Latest Cricket News and Updates

Bumrah undergoes surgery

  Bumrah undergoes surgery, will need six months to recover     J asprit Bumrah has undergone a back surgery in Christchurch and the news from New Zealand is that the operation was successful and the cricketer is doing fine. The surgery was done by Dr Rowan Schouten, a noted orthopaedic surgeon attached to the Forte Orthopaedics Hospital in Christchurch.

Important calculation in cricket ,Every cricketers should know ( Net runrate,Asking rate,Required runrate,Over rate,Bonus point)

Calculation formulae for Scorers’ and Statisticians Bowling Extras is number of runs conceded through No Balls & Wide Balls . Fielding Extras is number of runs conceded through Byes & Leg Byes.  Grand Total is  Batting Total + Bowling Extras + Fielding Extras + Penalty Extras should tally with  Bowling Total + Fielding Extras + Penalty Extras.  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runs per Over  Runs per Over is number of runs scored in an over i.e., Total number of runs scored divided by number of overs played. Here in a limited overs match if a team is all out in less than the stipulated number of overs then the number of overs played shall be the full quota of overs allotted. If the team batting second scores the runs in less than the allotted overs, then actual number of overs played shall be taken. In an innings match the number of overs played shall be the actual number of overs p